My affiliations

Through my work I am affiliated in one form or another with various research projects and research institutes. Among these are currently:

Past affiliations include:

  • Reading Evolutionary Biology Group, Mark Pagel's lab at the University of Reading, where I have done my Marie Curie Fellowship.
  • The CyberInfrastructure for Phylogenetic Research (CIPRES), a research project dedicated to developing - among other things - a distributed architecture for phylogenetic inference. I contributed to this project by developing a client side and server side API to communicate through the architecture in perl.
  • The FAB* lab, a collective of labs at Simon Fraser University whose joint focus is on organic evolution. FAB* stands for Felix Breden, Arne Mooers, Bernie Crespi and Mike Hart, the main labs involved. I did my doctoral research in the FAB* lab - Arne Mooers was my thesis adviser.
  • Interdisciplinary Research in the Mathematical and Computational Sciences (IRMACS), a research school at Simon Fraser University. IRMACS is where I defended my dissertation - it has great videoconferencing facilities. Most of Arne Mooers's graduate students now hold office there.