Funding for my research comes from a disparate number of sources. In the last years, these included:
- HIP: Hackathons, Interoperability, Phylogenies: from 2011-2013, the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center has awarded Arlin Stoltzfus, Enrico Pontelli and me funding and support to organize hackathons on interoperability in evolutionary informatics.
- Marie Curie fellowship from 2009-2011, the Community Research and Development Information Service for Science, Research and Development of the European Commission has awarded me a fellowship for comparative genomics research at the University of Reading.
- Google Summer of Code grants to hire student developers, 2007, 2008 and 2010
- NESCent working group from 2007-2009, the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center awarded Arlin Stoltzfus and me funding to organize four meetings of a working group on evolutionary informatics.
- UBC Postdoctoral fellowship, 2006-2009
- President’s Research Stipend, 2005
- SSB Systematic Biology Graduate Research Award, 2003
- SFU Travel Award, 2003
- SFU Graduate Fellowships, 2002, 2003